How to Fix Media Player is missing on Windows 11? Windows Media Player 12 is one of the basic media players that is generally included with the windows operating system. It plays almost all types of media files very smoothly and is a better version than the older ones that used to include with windows vista version or earlier.
Many of the windows users, who recently upgraded to windows 11, have reported that windows media player is missing on their system. If you are also facing the same issue, then do not worry. In this article, we are guiding you on how to install a windows media player on your Windows 11 laptop.
How to Fix Media Player is missing on Windows 11?
Step 1: Launch the Settings app and navigate to the Optional features page.
- On your keyboard, press the Win key and type optional features.
- From the search results, select Optional features, as shown below.
Step 2: Navigate to the Optional features page.
- As seen below, click the View features button in the Add an optional feature section.
Step 3: In the Add an optional feature dialogue box, click Add.
- Enter Windows Media Player in the search bar.
- When you start typing, Windows Media Player appears beneath the search box.
- Then, as indicated in the screenshot below, choose the Windows Media Player checkbox.
- Then, click Next to continue.
Step 4: In the following window
- To begin the installation procedure, click the Install button.
Step 5: When the installation process begins, please wait for it to finish.
- After it has been installed, the installed successfully notification will appear on the Optional features page, as seen below.
- By pressing the Windows key and typing windows media player, you may now discover it on your system.
I hope you found this post to be educational and useful. Please express your thoughts in the comments section below.