How to Turn Off Focus Assist? Many Windows 11 customers describe an exceedingly frustrating fault in which the Focus Assist feature re-enables or switches to Priority Mode after being turned off.
How to Turn Off Focus Assist?
Focus assist is a window feature that automatically suppresses alerts to help users focus when playing a game or using an app in fullscreen, which, although useful for some, proves to be a hindrance to those who truly want to get their critical notifications.
Turn off Automatic Rules in the settings app
Although if you have Focus Assist turned off, a set of automatic rules will enable it when certain circumstances are satisfied. To completely eliminate Focus Assist, make sure to turn off or tweak the automated rules so that they don’t enable Focus Assist when you don’t want them to.
- Search for and open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key.
- Click “System” in the left sidebar of the “settings” app to open “Focus Assist.”
- Scroll down and disable or adjust all automated rules so they don’t activate Focus Assist again.
After that, restart your device and repeat the procedures preceding the activation of focus assist to see if it is still on. If it still won’t turn off, proceed to the next step.
Note: If the problem is with your machine or laptop/notebook, use Restoro Repair to scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most circumstances if the problem is caused by system corruption. Restoro can be downloaded by clicking here.
Change the date and time using the Settings app
Many users reported that Focus Assist would not switch off if their Date/Time was incorrect. Allowing Windows to set the time zone automatically via the settings app is the best way to correct your date and time. If your system’s date and time are already right, proceed to the next fix.
- Search for and open the “Settings” app by pressing the “Windows” key.
- Click on Time and Language in the left sidebar of the settings program, then open Date and Time.
- Check the boxes next to “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone automatically” in date and time.
- After that, restart your computer, return to Settings, and check to see whether Focus Assist is switched off.
Note: When none of the Methods worked, we recommend utilising the Restoro Repair Tool, which can analyse the repositories and repair corrupt and missing files. This works in most circumstances if the problem is caused by a system corruption. Restoro will additionally tweak your system to ensure peak performance. Restoro can be downloaded by clicking here.