How to Save Videos From Facebook? You’ve come to the correct place. Downloading movies from Facebook is beneficial for a variety of reasons, including the ability to watch them wherever you are – online.
Unfortunately, unlike some of the top streaming services, such as YouTube Premium or Netflix, there is no official option to download videos from Facebook. You may have noticed the “Save video” button next to clips on the site, but all this does is add the video to a saved videos list, effectively a favourites list, so you can view it later on the app or website.
How to Save Videos From Facebook?
Here is the method to Save Videos From Facebook:
Method #1. Save a Video That You Posted on Facebook
If you lose the original file, you can use the media you’ve published on Facebook as a backup. To retrieve a video you posted on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page after signing in to Facebook on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Hover the cursor over More in the header menu.
- Choose Videos.
- Select Your Videos from the Videos window.
- Hover your mouse over the video you wish to save, then click the pencil icon in the upper-right corner of the image.
- Select Download SD (standard definition) or Download HD (high definition) (high-definition).
- The video is displayed in a new window. Choose Download after selecting the three vertical dots (found in the lower-right corner of the video player). The file will be downloaded to your PC.
Method #2. Save a Video That Someone Else Posted on Facebook
If a video appears in your Facebook timeline after being posted by a friend, family member, company, or other entity, save it locally as an MP4 file for future use. However, you must first deceive Facebook into thinking you are visiting the social networking site on a mobile device, which is an unusual but essential workaround. The procedures below work in most major web browsers for the majority of Facebook videos, including those originally recorded via Facebook Live.
- Navigate to the video you want to download, then right-click anywhere in the player.
- Choose Show video URL. Alternatively, select Copy video URL at the current time and skip to step 4.
- Click to highlight the URL, then right-click and select Copy. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C or Command+C.
- Remove the URL from the browser’s address bar.
- Change the URL. Change www to m. The first part of the URL should now be m.facebook.com rather than www.facebook.com. To load the new address, press Enter.
- Select Save in Microsoft Edge to save the video file to your default destination. Right-click anywhere on the video in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and select Inspect.
- Select the arrow symbol after pressing Play (located in the upper-left corner of the inspection window).
- To focus on a video, select it.
- Right-click the URL in the Elements box and select Copy link address. If you don’t see that option, highlight the place where you see the video’s URL and then copy it with the Ctrl+C or Command+C keyboard shortcut. Copy the new URL and paste it into a new, empty browser window, then click Enter.
- Copy the new URL and paste it into a new, empty browser window, then click Enter.
- The video will be resized to fit in a smaller window. Choose the three vertical dots in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Download. The video is saved to your computer as an mp4 file.
How to Save a Video on an iOS or Android Device?
You’ll need to use a third-party programme, such as Friendly For Facebook, to download someone else’s video to your phone or tablet. Friendly enhances Facebook’s workflow and usability capabilities, including the ability to download any video submitted to the social network.
The steps for downloading Facebook videos to a phone or tablet are the same for iOS and Android.
After you’ve found the video you want to save to your device, press the play button. Tap anywhere on the screen to get playback and menu details once the video starts playing. Choose the Cloud symbol in the lower-right corner of the screen. A menu will open with the opportunity to save the movie to your mobile device.