How to download your Snapchat data? Have you ever wondered how to access your previous Snapchat conversations as a Snapchat user? I had the same question and learned that Snapchat captures a lot of user info. While the app is still very closed to the public (for the most part), there are methods to find out what is going on with your “Snaps.” Here’s how you can do it.
Users who want to retrieve lost account data or see what data the firm saves on its servers can do so by downloading all of the data linked to their accounts from the company’s website. There are several reasons why someone might desire to see this information, ranging from practical requirements to privacy issues.
Messages, photographs, and videos on the social networking site are deleted after a defined amount of time, ranging from after the message is viewed to 24 hours after the message is posted. Although it is possible to configure the app’s settings to ensure that chats never erase, consumers prefer Snapchat for its apparent secrecy. In reality, users will discover that most of this information is stored on the company’s servers and can be retrieved.
Table of Contents
How to download your Snapchat data?
Here is the list of 2 methods to download your Snapchat data:
Method #1. By using iPhone and Android
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap your profile image in the upper left corner.
- Open Settings (gear symbol) in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to Account Actions and select My Data.
- Enter your login information.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and confirm your email address.
Method #2. By using macOS or Windows
- Access your Snapchat account.
- Enter your login information and then click Login.
- Use an OTP from your mobile phone or email address to confirm your login.
- Select “My Data.”
- Request access to your Snapchat data.
How to access the downloaded Snapchat data?
- Unzip the zip file.
- Navigate to the extracted folder.
- Open a web browser and navigate to “Index.html.”
- Select the Sidebar item for which you desire information.