How to fix the verification loop in the Mac App Store? So, a friend recommended an app to help you manage your work on a Mac, or you read an article that recommended a terrific tool. You went to your Mac’s App Store to get it. However, it states that “Your Apple ID has not been used with the App Store.”
No matter how many times you login into your account, a pop-up window appears prompting you to do so. And every time you do that, you’re back at square one – sign into your account. I know how aggravating it can be in a similar position. In this essay, I will walk you through the process step by step.
Table of Contents
How to fix the verification loop in the Mac App Store?
Here is the list of 5 methods to fix the verification loop in the Mac App Store:
Method #1. For the first-time user to fix the verification loop in the Mac App Store
- Restart your Mac to clear the cache files and resolve any temporary difficulties.
- Log out and back into your account – This should resolve the issue.
- Check your network connection – Make sure you’re connected to a working Wi-Fi network. If not, that is the source of the problem.
Method #2. Haven’t made any purchase from the App Store
If you have never purchased anything from the Mac Program Store and are constantly requested to log in or authenticate your Apple ID, downloading a free app may help. Here’s how to go about it.
- Log out of your device and then back in.
- Navigate to the Software Store and select any free app.
- Install the app by clicking Get the app.
- Now, try downloading additional programmes.
Method #3. Missing the billing information from your account
This is one of the most prevalent causes of the ID verification loop. If you don’t have the billing information, such as an address, name, and so on, you may get trapped in the same log-in loop. Follow the instructions below to get out of it.
- Go to your Mac’s Settings.
- Navigate to the Apple ID in the upper right corner.
- On the left side, click Payment and shipping.
- Under Shipping Address, select Edit.
- Fill in the required fields and then click Save.
- On Mac, log out and back into your Apple ID.
Method #4. Don’t have payment information in your account
If you tried all of the previous methods and none of them worked, this remedy will assist you. First, check to see if you have entered payment information into your account. If it isn’t there, follow these steps to add it to your account.
- Sign in to your Apple ID account at the Apple ID website.
- Select Payment Method.
- On the smartphone, select Continue.
- Click the prompt with the View Details link.
- Fill out the Payment Methods and Shipping Details sections next.
- Sign in and out of your account.
- Reboot your Mac.
Method #5. stop ‘Verification Required’ for free Mac apps downloads
- Navigate to the Settings app on your Mac.
- At the upper right, click Apple ID.
- Go to Media And Purchase.
- Uncheck For purchases, use Touch ID.
- In Free applications, select Never Require.