How to share Wi-Fi passwords from iPhone, iPad, and Mac? Whenever there is a gathering or a guest at your house, someone will ask for your Wi-Fi password. These are not always things we remember in our hectic lives. If you find yourself in this situation, there is some good news: you can easily share your Wi-Fi passwords between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Because of its seamless ecosystem, Apple provides a cool Wi-Fi sharing feature. While this usually works automatically, if it isn’t, keep reading to learn how to share Wi-Fi passwords between different Apple devices. But first, some prerequisites must be met!
What are the Requirements to share Wi-Fi password?
- Both devices must be unlocked.
- Both devices should be running the most recent version of the operating system.
- On both devices, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Turn off your personal hotspot.
- Sign in to iCloud on both devices with your Apple ID.
- Check that you and the recipient have saved each other’s Apple IDs in contacts.
- Keep both devices close together.
After you’ve met the prerequisites, proceed to the steps below to share the password from your iPhone and Mac!
How to share Wi-Fi passwords from iPhone, iPad, and Mac?
Here is the list of 2 methods to share Wi-Fi passwords from iPhone, iPad, and Mac:
Method #1. Share Wi-Fi password to Mac and iPhone
- Join a Wi-Fi network with your iPhone.
- Connect the other iPhone or Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as before.
- Your iPhone will display a prompt.
- Select Share Password.
- To connect to the network, tap Join.
Method #2. Share a Wi-Fi password from Mac
- Join a Wi-Fi network with your Mac.
- Request that the other person connects to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Mac will display a prompt.
- Select Options -> Share.
- Join the network to connect.