How to Connect a Stadia Controller to Your Phone? Today, we’ll look at how to link a Stadia controller to a phone. Stadia is a cross-platform cloud gaming service created and managed by the American internet company Google. Stadia provides dependable service to game enthusiasts because Google’s servers manage all processing capabilities and transmit the games to your phone’s screen via the cloud.
To fully utilise this service, you must first understand how to link the Stadia controller to the phone. This guide will show you how to connect a Stadia controller to your Android or iPhone/iPad through Wi-Fi or a USB-c cable. We’ll also go over how to use your Stadia controller as a Bluetooth controller and other related topics. Here’s how to pair the Stadia controller with your phone.
How to Connect a Stadia Controller to Your Phone?
Here is the method to Connect a Stadia Controller to Your Phone:
Method #1. Use a Stadia Controller
You can play all Stadia games wirelessly by connecting your Stadia controller to your Android or iOS device, including Android phones, iPhones, and iPads, but only if your controller has previously been set up and connected to Wi-Fi. If you’ve previously configured your Stadia controller and it’s linked to your Wi-Fi network, you can skip the next steps and proceed to the next section.
Follow these instructions to connect your Stadia controller to Wi-Fi if you haven’t already.
- Install the Stadia app on your smartphone.
- Tap the controller icon in the Stadia app.
- When requested for location access, select NEXT.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone if prompted to do so.
- Tap the Connect controller button.
- Wait for your controller to vibrate before selecting Yes.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Tap Yes to allow sharing or No to prevent sharing.
- If the Wi-Fi network you see is correct, tap Connect.
- Tap Connect after entering your Wi-Fi password.
- Wait for your controller to connect before pressing Next.
- Wait for your controller to update before pressing Next.
- Tap when your controller’s light glows white. It merely blinks white.
- Your controller is now Wi-Fi-enabled and ready to connect to your Chromecast Ultra, phone, or computer.
Method #2. Connect a Stadia to Android Phone
You can stream games and link your controller for wireless play using the same Android Stadia software you used to set up your controller. The controller continues to connect to Stadia through Wi-Fi, but attaching it to the Stadia app on your phone allows you to play Stadia games without the need for a physical wire. Alternatively, you can use a USB-C cable to connect the controller to your phone.
Here’s how to pair a Stadia controller with an Android device:
- Tap the controller icon in the Stadia app.
- Hold down the Stadia button on your controller until the light becomes white.
- Wait until you see the Stadia controller ready to link, then use the buttons on your controller to enter the code you see on the screen.
- The controller is now wirelessly connected, and you may play Stadia on your phone.
Method #3. Connect a Stadia Controller to an iPhone or iPad
Connecting a Stadia controller to an iPhone or iPad is slightly different because the Stadia software cannot be used to play games on iOS. The software allows you to set up your controller and connect it to Wi-Fi, but it does not allow you to broadcast games owing to App Store regulations.
You use Safari to link your Stadia controller to your iPhone or iPad and play Stadia games. Stadia runs in Safari as a responsive web app, and you can even create an app icon for it that will appear alongside the rest of your apps. The Stadia responsive web app connects your Stadia controller and lets you to play wirelessly like Android and PC users.
To connect a Stadia controller to an iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Launch Safari.
- Visit Stadia’s website.
- Sign in with your Google account by tapping Sign in.
- If a popup notification appears, hit Got it.
- Select the controller icon.
- Hold down the Stadia button on your controller until the light blinks.
- Enter the code shown on the screen using the buttons on your Stadia controller.
- Your Stadia controller has been successfully connected to your iPhone or iPad.
Method #4. Add the Stadia Web App to Your Home Screen
The Stadia web app’s only drawback is that in order to use it, you must first run Safari and then visit to the Stadia website. If you prefer the convenience of a tappable icon on your home screen, it’s actually rather simple.
To add Stadia to your home screen, follow these steps:
- Tap the share button when the Stadia website is open in Safari.
- Select Add to Home Screen.
- Select Add.
- Stadia will now display on your home screen among the rest of your apps. When you tap this icon, Safari will launch and take you directly to the Stadia online app.
Also Read: Top 10 Battle Royale Games for iPhone 2022