How to Dislike a TikTok Video? I’m not simply talking about anything terrible, like political, religious, or social remarks that you believe go utterly against your views. I’m also referring to videos that you might just find bothersome, such as music you don’t like or humour that doesn’t suit you. For some reason, I found myself skimming through a slew of videos from so-called fate tellers giving advice to their commenters. I didn’t really need to see those.
Table of Contents
Why Do People Dislike Videos?
Disliking a video isn’t as straightforward as it sounds on TikTok. In contrast to enjoying a video, people are unaware when you dislike one of their videos. However, there are several compelling reasons why you might want to do so. Here are a few examples of them.
- You keep getting excellent new videos. When you click Not Interested on a video, the TikTok algorithm is updated to suggest new videos that you are more likely to appreciate. The more times you click Not Interested, the more the system learns and, hopefully, the better the videos it recommends.
- You avoid unwelcome content. You may not want to view every TikTok material. If you encounter something truly objectionable, you can report it, but in many circumstances, you may just wish to avoid seeing similar films in the future.
- Certain memes can be avoided. TikTok thrives on viral material, which frequently repurposes the same memes until the next one appears. If you really despise a particular meme, keep tapping Not Interested to avoid it.
How to Dislike a TikTok Video?
Here is the method to Dislike a TikTok Video:
Method #1. Dislike a video on TikTok
It’s simple to like a TikTok video: tap the heart. TikTok, on the other hand, does not have an official “dislike” feature. Instead, it hides such items in the future by using the Not Interested tag. This is how it works.
- Long-press the screen to select the video you want to dislike.
- Select Not Interested.
- To further control the videos you’ll view in the future, touch More and select Hide videos from this user and/or Hide videos with this sound.
Method #2. Report a TikTok Video
- Here’s how it works if you come across a TikTok video that you believe is objectionable and should be reported.
Long-press the video to be reported.
- Select Report.
- Choose a reason for reporting the video.
- To submit the report, click Submit.
- The video has been removed from your feed.
How to View a Disliked Video?
If you unintentionally hated a video, you can still watch it by browsing your Watch History. This is how it works.
- Select Profile.
- In the top-right corner, tap Menu (three lines).
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Select Watch History.
- Tap the video you didn’t like to watch again.
Also Read: How to Make a Playlist on TikTok?